Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Oct 17, 2007

And You People Think I am Dramatic

Last night I was talking to my almost 8 year old nephew Dallas.

Me: How is school going?

Dallas: Great, everything is great except for specials.

Me: What is going on with specials?

Dallas: I tripped over a boy yesterday after I tagged him and hit my head on a metal post.

Me: Oh man, that really stinks I bet that hurt.

Dallas: Yes, but at least I tagged him first.

Me: That is a really positive way to view things. I am impressed.

Dallas: Even more impressive is the way my eye is swollen shut. I have a bump so big I can't wear my football helmet so I can't play in the game this week.

Me: Holy cow. That sounds like quite the goose egg.

Dallas: Did you not just hear what I said? It's so big I cannot wear my football helmet. That isn't a goose egg. It's more like a condor egg!

Me: Wow. I am so sorry. This sounds like a very serious knot on your head.

Dallas: Who am I talking to anyway?

Something tells me this injury may be more than a condor egg. We had been talking for over five minutes at this point and he didn't know he was talking to his aunt. The same aunt he had talked to on the phone three days earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment