Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Aug 5, 2007

Put Some South in Your Mouth

Apparently my streak of horrifically bad karma has ended, in a big way. For several months now I have obsessed over meeting Paula Deen and her deliciously adorable sons on my trip to Savannah. Basically every time I mentioned meeting them I was mocked and reassured that everybody wants to eat at The Lady & Sons and meet the crew. It is true, while in Savannah this week I heard many people talk about how they'd love to meet her. And if they had gone down to Congress street on Thursday like I did.




And waited in this line for 3 hours like I did.



Then they could have met Paula at the grand opening of the Paula Deen store, like I did.



And while they waited in line they could have made desperate attempts to make eye contact with Bobby, the precious single one, and have his friend notice like I did.



Then he would turn, wink, smile, and pose for you to take the picture like I did.



And then because you had an instant connection like I did. When you get to the front of the line to meet the momma, like I did. You can ask to take a picture with the boys, like I did.



Then you can obsess about it the rest of the day and text a million people like I did. Or show your waiter at the restaurant your pictures, like I did. And be so giddy that you pose with the menu like I did.




And of course enjoy the food so much you go back a second day, like I did. But at least I didn't kiss my pie like she did!

No comments:

Post a Comment