Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Aug 8, 2007

The Great Kidney Swap of '07

Tomorrow is the big day. The one where my brother gives his kidney to his wife. Is my family altruistic or what? I am trying not to be all selfish and bitter because of course they are getting tons of attention with it being a life altering surgery and everything. But to be honest, I am feeling a little like the forgotten child. I mean my evil older sister is getting all sorts of attention cause she went and lost 100 lbs, David gives away a kidney and everybody is like "ohhh, wow, poor you", and Stumpy knocks up his wife and you'd think she was the first women to give birth ever. I had hopes that meeting Paula and Boys would rank, but so far only one person in my family has even acknowledged the pictures, and she didn't even know who Paula Deen was. As if!

Maybe I will work on having a scandalous interaction with a hot single doctor while waiting around in the hospital for the next few days. That ought to be worth something wouldn't you think?

And just to clarify as to not have people leaving comments of how I am going to hell for being jealous over a kidney transplant and birth of a baby, sarcasm is really the way I cope. To prove myself otherwise, check out the essentials I purchased for Stumpy-ette at Old Navy. How perfect is the time for them to start this line?

(more fox baby clothes)
I don't have a way yet to prove my non really going to hell behavior in regards to the kidney swapping, but maybe while I am crammed into the pleather, rock hard waiting chairs at the hospital I will take some photos of my truly selfless acts of sisterhood, like me eating hospital food or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment