Friday, November 26, 2010

March 3, 2008

Dem Birthday cakes, they stole the show

Several of you have asked for my review of Step Up 2: The Streets. You know I'm a dance movie slut, I will watch anything and like it. I don't want to hear any guff if you watch it and hate. Also, if you hate it you are dead to me. Similar to its predecessors, this movie has all the key elements for the making of a hot dance flix with a twist. Instead of wide-eyed innocent female, we have a hunky blond with a craving for the extreme even though he was raised on ballet. Meet Chase.

Yeah, so not usually one for blond or wholesome, but hello. I'll taking a heaping helping of his hospitality anytime. •Our token troubled youth lead is female, the grown up little sister from Step Up. I am not convinced that the actress really danced, and I am too lazy right now to look it up. She was cute, shakes her booty, but can't deliver a line to save her life. But who watches dance movies for the acting? •Girl Meets Boy: Scene where wholesome, wide-eyed, innocent male secretly watches bad-ass female with a troubled past dancing therefore foreshadowing their perfect love and dance partner ability. The twist? She secretly watches him that night in the club too. Love at first dance glance. •Judgmental adult (this time it happens to be Chase's older brother who, wait for it, is the director of the dance academy...dun dun dun!) is against wholesome, wide-eyed innocent male and bad-ass female with troubled past dancing together;• sexual tension; • competition or dancing crisis; and most importantly a romantic resolution.

There are some lovely added bonus features to this movie including a few six packs of dark chocolate. Trust me, I have looked for photos of those because seriously been dreaming about them nightly. Yum-o. Also, the lovable best friend geek Moose was darling. The acting in this movie was the worst of its kind (no surprise there) however, the dancing was fantastico. I will be hitting it up again at the dollar theater. You know I watch these crazy shows on Lifetime where moms make daughters live out their dreams by being in psycho kid beauty pageants or turn being head cheerleader into something more important than breathing. I suddenly have visions of teaching my toddlers how to pop and remixing their baby Einsteins so they can have mad dance skillz. The dancing in Step Up 2: The Streets is very unique and intense. Watch my favorite America's Best Dance Crew clip and if you watch it over and over like I do you should've bought your movie ticket yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment