Friday, November 26, 2010

Jan 24, 2008

The Plan

Sandy, a colleague, announced to me earlier this month that her New Years resolution was to find me a husband because "you clearly just don't seem happy without one". Ouch. I mean yeah, I would love a husband because heavens knows I am tired of being the only one to do all these damn chores.* But, I didn't think I was walking around all bitter lonely pathetic spinster either.

Sandy and I went to lunch this week and she ambushed the conversation with a rapid fire of questions like where I meet guys, what local groups I have joined, and what things I could be doing in order to meet eligible men. I think she finally got the hint to change the subject after I started hyperventilating and broke my new "no soda" vow by grabbing the waiter by his throat and demanding he bring a coke right this minute. She suddenly wrapped things up and informed me she would just work on "the plan".

I really detest having conversations about "the plan" however, they do make me reflect about aspects of my life that could use some tweaking. Today I was at one of my favorite used bookstores and came across this book by Liz H. Kelly, Smart Man Hunting. My first instinct wasn't to have a tantrum about such a book being in existence which I think is a good sign about my acceptance of "the plan" and my confession now is that I bought it. Don't judge me.** I am 33 in 28 days and don't have money to freeze my eggs.

I figure one of two things can happen by reading it.

1. I will finish it with a few great laughs and some posts as a shout out in mockery to a few of my spinster pals.

2. I could be married and knocked up in four months.

Either way it's win-win. Time to read!




*Don't be leaving any ridiculous comments about getting a husband doesn't mean you will have someone to help out with the chores. If I have waited this long for his chump self to show up in my life he best be doing some chores. I am tired of going to the Jiffy Lube.

**Really, don't judge me. It was only $3.00 totally worth the risk of the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment